The Festival operates without any grant funding and relies on the generosity of people like you to make it a success. Help us spread the word! If you like what we are doing and would like to feature us or find out more about the 4th edition of the Festival, coming in 2018 we’d love to hear from you.
More about the 2017 Festival in the news:
- Delighted to have podcast dedicated to the Festival thanks to The Porty Podcast a community project, highlighting events in and around Edinburgh’s seaside at Portobello
- Ewan Aitken CEO of Cyrenians wrote a great blog about our launch night
- Thanks Eating Edinburgh & A Pentland Garden Diary for writing about us & sharing the programme
- We were on Live at Five on STV! Catch up on our vimeo channel
- We’re in The List! Proud to be featured along with Scotland’s other amazing Festivals in The Guide to Scotlands Festivals 2017 (page 52!)
- Families in Edinburgh and Community Scot featured us
- Positively Scottish is a not-for-profit online magazine dedicated to telling positive stories. We were delighted to share the story behind the Festival
- Edinbraw is a local’s guide to the best of Edinburgh, covering all the fun, food and festivals that the Scottish capital has to offer. They’re listing The Power of Food Festival in their events guide!
- Transition Edinburgh are helping spread the word about The Festival
- The fantastic Nadine Pierce of A Pentland Garden Diary & Eating Edinburgh has written a great piece about The Festival
- The Primary Times has a great piece on Grow Your Own & Community Gardens featuring yours truly!
- Scotland Food & Drink has picked us up!
- Creative Carbon Scotland who connect arts & sustainability are talking about us
- The Stockbridge Spotlight & The Trinity Spotlight are helping spread the word!
- Read about the Festival in Spanish thanks to Cosmopolita Scotland
- Thanks to The Edinburgh Reporter for sharing the word about the Festival
We had the immense pleasure to see the second edition of the Power of Food Festival attract some attention from the media and from UK bloggers in 2016.
- BBC Radio Scotland invited us to talk on their Out for the Weekend programme the day before the Festival: listen here
- STV made a piece about the Festival, which went on air at the beginning of June: see here
- The Edinburgh Evening News kindly wrote an article a few days before the event. You can read it here (p1) and here (p2).
- Creative Carbon Scotland, “#GreenFests Blog: Celebrating Edinburgh’s Community Gardens“
- The Bonnie Gardener, “Power of Food Festival held in Edinburgh”
- Get Badly Behaved, “An Edinburgh Festival, proving the power of food and community grow your own spirit”
- The Big Lunch, “Growing communities with The Power of Food Festival“